Forget about keeping up with the Joneses; if you want to lead the pack of top-performing sales pros, check out these gob-smacking stats!
1. 60% of B2B sales organizations will transition from intuition-based selling to data-driven selling, merging their sales process, applications, data and analytics into a single operational practice.
It’s the ultimate work smarter, not harder, hack. Having the ability to leverage data at speed will give you a competitive advantage. Many of us experienced sales folk might be resisting the change, however, we like to think of data as our co-pilot!
2. 68% of high performers who exceed quota “always” put the buyer first. Putting buyers (and their needs) first is not an empty phrase; it’s a mindset that top performers use to win.
From a sales perspective it’s ensuring every aspect of the buying journey is as customer centric and personalised as possible. Is your presentation the same generic one or personalised? Is your proposal customer friendly or jargon?
Most of us are guilty of saying we put the buyer first, but often the end-to-end customer experience doesn’t reflect the same intention. A true buyer first mindset is companywide not just sales, from the onboarding experience, the customer service, the communications with finance, every single step! Can you mystery shop your business or ensure regular customer feedback such as NPS score.
3. 71% of sellers in the top-performing cohort are more likely than other sellers (50%) to do research “all the time” before reaching out to prospects. Effective sellers spend more time using technology and data to research their buyers and prepare for sales calls. They spend less time on unproductive and potentially damaging blind outreach.
Thanks to our good friend, the internet, there are so many incredible research tools out there (and data), but as the first port of call, kickstart your research by checking their LinkedIn/socials, company page, website, the news, and annual report (if available). I know that might seem obvious, but a lot of the time, common sense is not common practice! We all intend to do this but often time out, can you use the 10-minute rule, turn up to that meeting 10 minutes early and do your google searching in the coffee shop next door!
4. 80% of customers say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalised experiences.
We love the concept of “moment spotting” how can you look for moments to personalise, moments to celebrate, moments to make a customer feel valued be it a birthday, anniversary of working with your company, award, successful project outcome, you name it, we’re up for celebrating!
Think about how you can personalise each touch point that you have with your customer. Taking an integrated approach using AI and automation will help you to master customer interactions and create hyper-personalised experiences.
5. 47% of top performers ask for referrals consistently (every day) vs 26% of non-top performers. Non-top performers “never” or “rarely” ask.
The moral of the story – don’t be afraid to ask, what’s the worst they can do? Say no?!
Want more of where that came from? Check out our fortnightly Inside Scoop, where we dish out the latest sales and marketing trends and share insights from our highest-performing campaigns.
Yes please – get the Inside Scoop: https://insidescoop.salesredefined.com.au/
P.S If your sales team need more on high-performance sales habits lock us in for your 2023 sales enablement. Let’s chat!