Are you busy planning your FY23 sales strategy or perhaps you’re just chasing some nuggets of gold? Regardless, we’re here to help with 10 sales statistics that will help you sell more effectively!
1. 60% of customers say no four times before saying yes, whereas 48% of salespeople never even make a single follow up attempt (HubSpot).
TIP: Follow up is essential, people! We encourage companies to implement Follow up Friday, where sales teams allocate time each Friday to follow up outstanding proposals, and tasks. One of our clients did this and had their biggest 24 hours in sales EVER! You’ll be amazed at the results.
2. 41% of B2B buyers will consume more than 5 pieces of an organisations content before engaging with a salesperson (HubSpot).
Tip: Make sure every piece of content you create adds value and speaks to your prospects’ pain points. Also, never forget the importance of humour!
3. 90% of sales stall because sales rep didn’t ask for next step (Factor8).
Tip: At every step in the sales process ensure there is a micro agreement, we think of it as always asking for a 2nd date! For instance, before you end a call, schedule your next check-in with the prospect/customer! It’s that simple and should be applied to everything you do, e.g. phone calls, coffee meetings, PDF downloads, webinars, events etc.
4. 81% of B2B buyers are more likely to engage, interact and purchase from organisations that have established a reputable social media presence (HubSpot).
Tip: To achieve this, aim for brand consistency, share and create thought leadership pieces, post regularly, engage with other brands, use video, and cross-promote across your social platforms!
5. LinkedIn reports that more than 60% of B2B customers will connect and respond to salespeople who share valuable content specific to their greatest needs.
TIP: Know your customers/prospects intimately! Understand their most significant challenges and biggest pain points, share content that educates and adds value to them.
6. HBR reported that 90% of B2B decision makers will not respond to cold outreach.
Tip: If targeting a cold database, ensure you nurture, nurture, nurture! Don’t jump straight in asking them for their hand in marriage on the first date. It is a massive turn off and simply won’t work! Sell by educating and adding value.
7. Four in 10 sales professionals have recently closed two to five deals directly thanks to social media (HubSpot).
TIP: The key to success in sales is taking an omnichannel approach. Find out which social platforms your prospects are spending time on and jump on board. If you’re not using social platforms as a selling tool, you’re missing some real opportunities!
8. B2B companies with referrals experience a 70% higher conversion rate (HubSpot).
TIP: Don’t be afraid – it’s usually as simple as ask, and you shall receive! Throwing in a bonus stat here, 91% of people are happy to give a referral but only 11% of people ask.
9. Salespeople spend just one-third of their day actually talking to prospects. They spend 21% of their day writing emails, 17% entering data, another 17% prospecting and researching leads, 12% going to internal meetings, and 12% scheduling calls (HubSpot).
TIP: Get back some of your precious time through automation! There are so many tools now that automate mundane tasks you’d be crazy not to explore your options. Time block proactive sales time, even just 15 minutes a day. We recommend first thing in the morning before things crop up!
10. Gartner’s Future of Sales research shows that by 2025, 80% of B2B sales interactions between suppliers and buyers will occur in digital channels. Why? Because buyers, in particular, millennials are driving a more digitally orientated purchasing experience.
Tip: Embed a customer-centric sales strategy and enable your sales team to embrace new tools and channels to meet the customer where they are at on their journey with your brand. An excellent way to do this is through sales enablement.
We like to practice what we preach at Sales Redefined, so would a second date tickle your fancy?
Our enablement sessions are top-notch, and weaving it into your FY23 sales kick-off is an absolute no brainer. You can have a peek at our sessions here: https://bit.ly/3kHwMG8